Calculating Pool Size and Few Other Questions

00xavier

Silver Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Sep 10, 2013
Melrose, NY
I recently relocated from Houston to the Albany, New York area, and opened my new pool yesterday. I have a roman double sided pool with a vinyl liner and the following dimensions - 18X36. The two half circle ends are 4 ft in length, the shallow end is 3 feet and the deep end is 8 ft. I am guessing the pool size in volume is 24,000 gallons. How can I verify the volume of water my irregular-shaped pool holds? Does a vinyl liner impact the pool chemistry? Which chemicals can I add to the pool at the same time? Do I need to manage the phosphate levels in my pool?

Here are my numbers:
FC - .05 ppm
TC - .02ppm
CC - .15
pH - 7.4
Hardness - 142 ppm
Alkalinity - 74 ppm
Cyanuric Acid - 50 ppm
Copper - 0
Iron - 0.1 ppm
Phosphate - 1206 ppb

Your signature lists the TF-100 and yet the numbers you provide look suspiciously like pool store results.
We do not trust pool store testing ... so can not really offer you any advice based on those values.

There is NO reason to worry about phosphates if you keep your FC at an adequate level for your CYA, see the [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA].

Just go with 24k and start using PoolMath to estimate your required chemistry additions, if you are consistently over or under-shooting your targets, then adjust the volume estimate.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.