Calcium test

nitz369

Mar 22, 2008
With the current state of my pool I am unable to test the Calcium level with the TF100 test. The color turns clear before anything else. Is there a way to test a higher amount of calcium? like double the red drops? half the water?

jparr

Jun 12, 2010
nitz369 said:
With the current state of my pool I am unable to test the Calcium level with the TF100 test. The color turns clear before anything else. Is there a way to test a higher amount of calcium? like double the red drops? half the water?
What happens if you continue adding reagent after the water turns clear?

G

Can you post your procedure and which reagents you used and in what order. Something is a miss?

nitz369

Mar 22, 2008
25ml water
20 drops R-0010
5 drops R0011L
add R-0012 till turns blue.

The R-0012 is clear solution so each drop dilutes to R-0011L to be just a little bit more clear. By about 60-70 drops it is almost completly clear and very hard to tell if it turned blue. this would say my calcium level is above 700, how can I test higher calcium?

G

Do you have some type of magnetic stirrer or agitator or are you shaking your sample with your hand?

Try putting 2 drops of R0012 first, before you add the first 20 drops of R0010.

Also, how many drops does it take before it goes from pink to purple?? or does it?