Calcium scaling - i messed up?

grottoguy

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 24, 2014
NJ
As I indicated in another post about this topic,

My Plaster was finished early June last year and when I opened last week the PH was very high. After three gallons of 32% acid (over a three day period) it went down to about 7.4. I ran my Polaris for a couple of days and it kept filling up with what looked like crushed ice. But now reading the other thread about calcium scaling I assume it was calcium (although it looked more crushed than the pictures posted there). Anyway I ran my hand over the walls and I felt the roughness. On the other post, it was suggested to lower the PH to 7.2, and I just did that, but I THINK THAT WAS A MISTAKE FOR ME. MY CSI was within the acceptable range, but now it will be -1.0

MY CH is 225 (hasn't changed since opening), TA 60 (hasn't changed since opening), CYA 30 (hasn't changed since opening), FC over 5 (I didn't do the more precise test this morning). MY CSI was -.42 this morning, but I read in the other thread (which was addressing someone else) that PH should be lowered to about 7.2 to prevent scaling. I just poured in the Acid, but now I realize that a lower PH will cause my CSI will drop to -1.0.

What should I do?

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.