Calcium: How many of you are tired of using pumice stones, or using acid and scrubbing for eternity?

drummerman951

Silver Supporter
Apr 6, 2019
Riverside, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I know many will disagree with my approach. I will be the first to say it's not for everyone. But there is nothing like the almost immediate satisfaction of having calcium disappear before your very eyes. It still takes a while, but I bought three batteries so I can get more done at once. I use a Dremel and those #425 impregnated polishing wheels. Drain enough water for tile access. I will add that my experience with muiratic acid has been lackluster, and on more than one occasion, despite being careful and attentive with baking soda at the ready... suffered damage to travertine. So I found another solution to my problem!

IMG_8959.jpgIMG_8960.jpgIMG_8961.jpgIMG_8962.jpgIMG_8964.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Keeping your csi low/slightly negative should help with the formation of new scale & hopefully make this a one time job.

Reactions: drummerman951
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.