Louisiana
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hello, I'm in week 3 since my pool plaster was completed. I got a little overexcited at the beginning and tried to get my Calcium Hardness up to 350. After the fact, I realized my plaster startup guide suggested not allowing CH to get above 200 ppm for the first 28 days. I've been trying to keep my Ph as close to 7.2 as possible although it has been fluctuating alot daily. We have have had several large rain storms since I added the CaCl so I figured my CH would decrease to closer to my target of 200 ppm but it has stayed between 300-350 ppm. Should I be concerned about any potential issues that would warrant me replacing water? Pool Math states I should replace 48%. Or should I just stay the course and keep my Ph down? Thank you!

For the first month, a slightly positive CSI is best for new plaster.

Your last test results showed a negative CSI. Let the pH rise some to get the CSI near or above 0.

When you add more CYA, your TA will rise which will also increase your CSI. Water temperature rising will also increase CSI.

For the first month, a slightly positive CSI is best for new plaster.

Your last test results showed a negative CSI. Let the pH rise some to get the CSI near or above 0.

When you add more CYA, your TA will rise which will also increase your CSI. Water temperature rising will also increase CSI.
Thanks again Marty! So stay on the slightly positive side of CSI for right now. The CYA has finally been melting down since I changed to nylon socks in the skimmers like you suggested. I was going to give a few days before rechecking and adding more since it finally finished dissolving today. I was also going to add the suggest baking soda to get my TA back up. Sound about right?

I would not mess with your TA. Once the CYA is fully dissolved, the TA should rise as about 1/3 of the CYA level is cyanuric alkalinity.

Ok. I’ll wait on the baking soda for now and see how my TA looks after I get my CYA up to my target of 50. With my CH level higher than the suggested 200ppm, what should I target my Ph at for now?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.