Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hey all,
New guy here. Great forum!

My pool was completed in December. I have been working to get things balanced but I am doing something wrong. I am getting some what appears to be calcium deposits at the spa spillover. I will include some pictures along with my current test results. If anyone has advice to both clean and prevent this please let me know....

IMG_1941.jpegIMG_1944.png

Welcome to TFP! :wave: The numbers posted from your APP log appear to be tested from other than a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C. The numbers send a red flag. Can you confirm please who did the testing? We know a new pool's pH will continue to climb fairly quickly as the new plaster cures (several months) which impacts that CSI number at the bottom of your APP. But I have a suspicion the pH, TA, and CH numbers may not be accurate based on the odd results.

With accurate home testing, a negative CSI (-0.1 to -0.3) should prevent calcium, so that's another reason why something seems odd. But we'll watch for your reply and go from there. Nice to have you with us.

These results came from the ColorPro 7. I have purchased the TF-100 based on suggestions from this forum. Just awaiting its arrival. I have been using this test kit since December and trying to dial in the pool. All of the numbers match Leslies except the CH. Their test showed about 100 higher this yesterday.

Also, I was having very wide pH swings until early March. I had the IntellipH system installed and since then my test results have been fairly steady regarding pH. The CYA has been running low. I added some stabilizer yesterday and it has come from about 34 to 52. Not really sure what I'm doing here so I could be way off! Anyway, I really appreciate the help....

That appears more like efflorescence. Did the pool builder use a sealer on the inside of the spa prior to plaster?

Sorry but I don't know for sure. I watched when I could but can't say that I noticed. I do believe that they did the pool and the spa the same but even that could be wrong. I know it is difficult to help me when I can't answer your questions!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.