calcium build up along water line tried everything

foreste1

Jun 5, 2014
peoria az
I have a calcium line along water line that I have tried everything I can think of short of having it blasted with maxxstrip. I spent last 5 hours in one area using a product I purchase called heavy calcium releaser which did nothing. I used 3m scrub pads, razors, 220 sand paper, scraper etc and I was only able to get a small section decent, but still not perfect. I was going to seal the tile with another product called TR3 from same company that makes the calcium remover but cant get it off enough to seal over. My dark blue tiles are dull and have that line.
I am in Phoenix (NW Peoria) and considering calling in guys with blaster but like doing stuff myself. I also am wanting to know if anybody has found a set up I can buy to blast myself?
Any help would be great, frustrated!!

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
The blaster method is your best bet. Best if they use kieserite.

Keep your CSI between -0.3 and 0 and you will minimize the waterline scale issue. You will still get it due to evaporation, but it will not be as thick and can be managed.

queenofcats

Jan 28, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
Pay to have it blasted. I had embarrassingly bad build up on my pool and spent...way too long trying to get it off myself. Sooo happy i had it blasted worth the $$ it looks brand new.