Bypass Aquarite Control and wire pump directly?

alpo

Aug 10, 2010
I have an Aqua Rite salt water system and the main board recently blew, GLX-PCB-RITE. (I have had several problems with it in the last year, so I'm going to replace the whole PCB.) I ordered one, but it won't be here for a week or maybe more. Unfortunately, I can't even turn the pump on when the board is hooked up. It board is just completely dead.

So, is there a way to hot wire the pump temporarily so I can at least run the filter every couple days, manually?

I know the board is kind of a switchbox, but I am unsure of the proper voltages going in and out as well as what any of the wires go to. Is this feasible at all? I am no stranger to home wiring and that sort of thing, but it's hard to find schematics for any of this stuff.

In the meantime, I've manually added chlorine and I have a separate water feature to help mix the water in the main pool, so I'm not worried about the chemistry, but I'd like to get some of the Crud out of there. Additionally, the water from my filter pump goes directly into the spa, which spills over to the pool and all that water is basically just stagnant for now. The water feature cycles the pool water only. For the spa, I just added a bit of chlorine, and manually stirred it, but this is sort of a pain to deal with.

It is certainly possible to get the pump running without the control panel, but actually doing it requires some knowledge of AC wiring, which your questions don't demonstrate. The pump is most likely 230 volts AC, which can be quite dangerous if you don't know what you are doing. The level of schematic you need is in the manual, though really all you need to do is find the wire going to the pump and wire it directly to it's circuit breaker, instead of going through the relay it is presumably wired to right now.

Ok, that's the kind of information I needed. So, the board itself only fires a relay? I haven't really looked at the wiring very closely. I'm actually at work right now and it's just an idea I was kicking around. I'm currently waiting for the tracking number for this PCB, so if it's only going to be a several days, I'll probably just leave it alone. If it looks like it's going to be more than a week, I might just connect it directly and use the circuit breaker to turn it on and off. I'm not sure if the solid wire I have is heavy enough, but I'm guessing the amps are written on the pump somewhere.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.