Central Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Started a new BYOP outside of Austin, TX in October 2020. Excavation in November, plumbing in December, gunite had a schedule delay, January, the ice storm threw us off schedule. Everything after the storm has been very slow. We're finally ready for plaster, hopefully next two weeks.

The electrician found one of our two pool lights needs a longer cord.

We currently have the 100' foot cord: Pentair IntelliBrite 5G LED COLOR Pool Light for Inground Pools | 12V 100' Cord | 601012

We need the 150' foot cord: Pentair IntelliBrite 5G LED COLOR Pool Light for Inground Pools | 12V 150' Cord | 601013

BYOP has a sister company called Wholesale Pool Equipment, based in Mesa, AZ. When I called about the light they said, "sure, we'll exchange it for the price difference, we have four in stock." The head of sales squashed the exchange because 1) the equipment was ordered in November 2020 and 2) the box was opened. He suggested we try to sell the old light on Craigslist. While I'm not opposed to selling things on CL, this was not a reasonable solution in my opinion. Not sure about next steps. I blasted BYOP's Facebook page, which only had 5 comments before mine, so not much of an audience apparently.

Any suggestions on where the buy the new 150' version?

Last edited:
Wait a second, you blasted a company for you ordering the wrong light? Not sure how that happens, were they supposed to know how far away your pad was?? most electronics once opened are non refundable.. I understand they said one thing then changed there mind but that is what managers are for, people answering the phone have no clue about most things...

As for getting a 150 foot version... There are a few out there but slim picken... :)

They are out at the normal stores..

Wait a second, you blasted a company for you ordering the wrong light? Not sure how that happens, were they supposed to know how far away your pad was?? most electronics once opened are non refundable.. I understand they said one thing then changed there mind but that is what managers are for, people answering the phone have no clue about most things...

As for getting a 150 foot version... There are a few out there but slim picken... :)

They are out at the normal stores..

I failed to mention, BYOP (Build Your Own Pool) measured everything, created the design spec and recommended the equipment, as part of their consulting service. They also recommend all the subcontractors, who they know well. That's our beef, we paid them for design spec and ordered equipment from their sister company, who we expect to be flexible on returns in this situation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.