Buyers remorse šŸ˜”

Thanks for the feedback- getting everyoneā€™s responses is making me feel a bit better about the 27 ft roundšŸ˜Š I hadnā€™t considered a restock fee so that is also something to consider. What does swg stand for ?
A Salt water chlorine generator-
Just checking to make sure you donā€™t end up with buyerā€™s remorse over which one you purchased while you can still return/exchange it.
There are some ā€œsalt systemsā€ that arenā€™t really, like perma salt.
Also itā€™s recommended to get one rated for at least 2xā€™s your poolā€™s volume.
For your 17k gallon pool you would want a 30k gallon rated or preferably a 40k gallon rated system.

Just checking to make sure you donā€™t end up with buyerā€™s remorse over which one you purchased while you can still return/exchange it.
Also itā€™s recommended to get one rated for at least 2xā€™s your poolā€™s volume.
For your 17k gallon pool you would want a 30k gallon rated or preferably a 40k gallon rated system.
Thatā€™s great information. I will check tomorrow and update with the information!

Reactions: Mdragger88

Iā€™m attaching photos of what I think you are asking for. I have a feeling youā€™re going to say these are not what I should be getting šŸ˜©

B29D39AC-A0E2-47E1-B395-6F5F2E0C469C.jpeg1E5C7A66-F6E7-4435-A8E6-E1E0BD3A7E4A.jpeg

1E5C7A66-F6E7-4435-A8E6-E1E0BD3A7E4A.jpeg

I regreat beliving in the ā€œsizingā€ of equipment when I bought mine. Now I know better, but now it is too late.

I deeply regret getting a single speed pump. It wasnā€™t a big deal before I decided to get an SWG. Now the math to replace a fully functional single speed pump with a variable speed just doesnā€™t add up.

For a while I had regrets about the size if the filter. The bigger the filter the less frequently you need to clean it. Now Iā€™m cheating with skimmer socks and most of the grime doesnā€™t get to the filter. Cleaning/replacing skimmer socks are much easier than cleaning the cartridge.

I also deeply regret not getting a heat pump rated for 3-4x the size of my pool. With meager 50K (nominal) BTU I need to run the heater/pump for mucb longer and end up expending much more due to heat loss.

I definitely do not regret getting a SWG rated for 4.3x the size of my pool. :)

There were a bunch of ā€œpotionsā€ that came with the pool that after few years I still need to figure hiw to dispose.

Reactions: Mdragger88
At the very least you would want to exchange that t cell 5 for a tcell 15. This involves doing a little rewiring in the controller - not sure how that would affect your warranty etc.
Ideally youā€™d swap the whole shabang for an aquarite with a t cell 15 (40k gal rated cell)
With your current t5 cell you would need to run the swg at 100% for at least 14 hours a day possibly more . Thereā€™s no wiggle room .
For the pump you may be able to upgrade to at least a 2 speed pump for a small price if a variable speed pump isnā€™t in the budget.
This would allow you to run it on low speed most all the time unless youā€™re backwashing or manually vacuuming & save quite a bit on electricity.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.