Burning through Chlorine..> no usual suspects

dunginhawk

Bronze Supporter
Jul 10, 2018
CLIVE/IA
so its down like like 35-36 drops, but could just be bigger drops, it came out fast... so i think i am good..
however now it begs the question... im at 17 ish FC.. should be safe to be in it. other than that, only time would lower it more right? :)

jseyfert3

Oct 20, 2017
South-Central WI
I'm not an expert but the criterion for ending a SLAM is:
  1. CC is 0.5 or lower;
  2. You pass an OCLT (ie overnight FC loss test shows a loss of 1.0 ppm or less);
  3. And the water is clear.
You said the OCLT passed, I'm assuming the water is clear. That's why I asked what your CC was.

however now it begs the question... im at 17 ish FC.. should be safe to be in it. other than that, only time would lower it more right? :)
It's safe to be in the water with a FC at or below the SLAM level for your CYA, so in your case 20 ppm FC or less since the SLAM level for CYA of 50 is 20 ppm.

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
so its down like like 35-36 drops, but could just be bigger drops, it came out fast... so i think i am good..

Sounds like you are good. Water is safe when below SLAM FC level. Just let the FC drift down to your normal target level.

dunginhawk

Bronze Supporter
Jul 10, 2018
CLIVE/IA
So the other day Friday, the kids and I got in it was good... 8-9 FC after... all good.. Just got out with kid again today and it was 12 or so... So SWG is working, and its stabilizing... Looks like the slam took :)

Reactions: jseyfert3