Bulk liquid chlorine in St. Louis?

grichard

Bronze Supporter
Apr 25, 2017
St. Louis, MO
I probably throw away 60-80 gallon bleach jugs per season. Anybody know of any source in St. Louis for buying bulk bleach into carboys or other refillable containers?

Thank you!

grichard

Bronze Supporter
Apr 25, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Thank you--I will try Sunset Aquatech.

Menards is where I've been buying stuff for the past couple of seasons, especially the BOGO sale. I agree it's a great value. I'm just trying to avoid generating so many empty plastic jugs.

(For these purposes, I will conveniently ignore the obvious point that the best thing I could do for the environment would be to *not* have a big honkin' heated pool in the back yard. I pick my battles...)

Reactions: Stew1751 and Mbkemp

Stew1751

Nov 28, 2015
O'Fallon,IL
Grichard,
I just got off the phone with Sunset Aquatech. The are close to my office, so I thought I'd get some info as well. They charge $17.25 for a 5 gallon bucket and a $12 refundable deposit. The lady stated that the Chlorine is 12%, but they have to label it as 10%. So at $3.45 a gallon it is cheaper than Menards normal price of $3.99 and achieves your goal of less plastic jugs. I'm too much of a tight ass and will wait for Menards BOGO. Have a great day and GO BLUES!!!
-Chad

Other Threads of Interest