Building! New IGP in MN

tatnai

Jun 17, 2018
Rochester/MN
Hey all. Been reading on here for a couple months. Thanks for the advice already given. We have started building and figured I would share some pics. We should be done in time for a MN polar bear dip! 40x20, 3'8" shallow and 8' deep, have my test kit and borax ready to go. I'll post more pics as we go along.
617cbaa648d15aad7b1620be018feacd.jpg
f2fb6101ee28fd3af0bd5ee1ca329dd9.jpg
8f9d54e1dcadf36118e5dd990a72a637.jpg

We went with "sea blue" for the liner, can't recall the border. We actually decided against both slides and diving boards. Have a couple 6' benches on either side of the shallow end stairs, and small corner bench in deep end.

Wife wants to swim laps, girls want shallow end play space plus deep end, so huge it is... Plus the bigger the pool the less grass I have to cut, right?

LOVE that yard! It NEEDED a pool in it! What are you putting as decking? What kind of fence?

Do you want to list your equipment so we can look it over and have you tweak it?

Kim:kim:
See equipment in my signature (I might up size of heater to 400k BTU). Brushed concrete 4'/8', stamped/colored 6" concrete border, with textured patio between house and pool. Will also have textured concrete circular fire pit area off to side.

No fence, auto pool cover for safety will always be closed except when in use.
d1b7d143948740ae59f06b8befa84ec7.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Signature if you are on Tapatalk: 40 x 20 vinyl IGP, 32000 gallons, Hayward Tristar vs900, Hayward S244T2 sand filter, Hayward H250 heater, Hayward omnilogic, undertrack Auto cover, Polaris 9650iQ cleaner
chlorine + borax for now, room for SWG in future
Taylor K-2006C

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I did not know that about the finish Kim. U learn something everyday. Well st least I do cause I still don’t know much about different kinds of pools.

Nice pool! Good luck with finishing ur build op!

That liner looks like it fit great! SWEET!

Were they able to smooth those spots out some?

Kim:kim:
No. I thought the liner was going in much later based on what I had discussed with the PB, was going to bring in person. Was waiting on gas/electric next when I see the liner going in. So we are stuck with it.

Got home too late last night to see it in the light, will see what it looks like with good lighting today hopefully. Overall I thought the poolcrete was pretty smooth and visual changes were mostly cosmetic, but we will see for sure now...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.