Building a paradise!

OGSW20

Jun 11, 2019
San Jose
Hi TFP folks! I just joined to learn about taking care of my soon to be finished paradise in my backyard. I still have lots to learn about maintaining the pool. Hopefully, my pool builder selected the right equipment for my build. There is so much info for me to take in here and feel overwhelmed. Hopefully, once I start testing the water and understand all the chemicals needed and how to use them, I will feel more comfortable. All the help and advice I will be receiving from this forum will be extremely appreciated and would be very thankful! Looking forward to chatting with you folks soon!

jblizzle

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 19, 2010
Tucson, AZ
:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Make sure you get one of the recommended test kits ordered so you have it when the pool is filled from the beginning: Test Kits Compared
The TF-100 is the best value for what you get.

Read through Pool School (and the eBook) to start learning about the chemistry and the methods we teach here. Start with ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

OGSW20

Jun 11, 2019
San Jose
Thanks for the info jblizzle. I will look in to a test kit. I've been reading through some of those articles and everything sounds foreign to me. I understand better when I'm hands on than reading it.

jblizzle

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 19, 2010
Tucson, AZ
Understood. You are certainly no alone in that. There is a lot of information to try to take in all at once.