Building a new pool - lessons learned

Meaty

Sep 8, 2015
Dallas Texas
I’m going to be building a new gunite pool in the next few months (coincides with new home build) and would love any lessons learned from the wise group here. In general we are looking at a rectangular pool, pebble teck finish, pentair equipment (not saltwater chlorinated).

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Here are a few things to read...

Be clear in discussions if you and the builder are talking about water depth or depth from the bond beam.

Pay attention to the payment schedule and don't let the builder get ahead of completed work. Holdback 5%-10% until the pool is fully functional and accepted by you.

OrlandoBull

Jul 30, 2015
Winter Garden , FL
First... Do salt chlorination.

Second, give yourself as much deck space as possible.

Figure out your budget, then prioritize things in your build to help make decisions, if you splurge on tile, will that cost you the interior finish you want? Things like that.

lisawillmon

Gold Supporter
In The Industry
May 21, 2021
Austin
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I’m going to be building a new gunite pool in the next few months (coincides with new home build) and would love any lessons learned from the wise group here. In general we are looking at a rectangular pool, pebble teck finish, pentair equipment (not saltwater chlorinated).
well this was several years ago , so I am guessing you might be able to provide us with lesson learned. we are builidng at 20x60 with spa and tanning shelf ourselves. Pentair equipment is our greatest challenge.

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.