Bubbles coming out of return

kenpee

Jul 4, 2021
Florida
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
My pool has 2 returns (one in shallow end and one in deep end). Today, I noticed that small bubbles are constantly coming out of the one in the shallow end. Never noticed this before and there aren’t any coming out of the other. Is that a concern?

Texas Splash

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2014
Texas, San Antonio/Marion, South-Central Area
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
Could be one of two things, either a suction side air leak or bubbles generated from a salt water generator. Please update your signature with all of your pool and equipment info. To rule out air, check the pump clear lid O-ring to ensure it has a good amount of pool silicone lube. Look around for any other potential places air could get sucked IN before the pump. Also ensure the water level is high enough and that the skimmer door (weir) isn't stuck. If you have an SWG, check to see if you are noticing bubbles only when the SWG is producing chlorine during its cycle generation time.

Reactions: markayash

kenpee

Jul 4, 2021
Florida
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Could be one of two things, either a suction side air leak or bubbles generated from a salt water generator. Please update your signature with all of your pool and equipment info. To rule out air, check the pump clear lid O-ring to ensure it has a good amount of pool silicone lube. Look around for any other potential places air could get sucked IN before the pump. Also ensure the water level is high enough and that the skimmer door (weir) isn't stuck. If you have an SWG, check to see if you are noticing bubbles only when the SWG is producing chlorine during its cycle generation time.
Yup, we have SWG. I notice the bubbles only when it's running.

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This is an inactive thread. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. You will get much more visibility by Starting A New Thread