Brown spots that nothing affects?

Alset2

Gold Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Cent Fl
SO I have spent a week trying different delivery methods , times , and techniques to remove these brown stains .
I have used AA, Muriatic acid (with the Purity Out Spot tool) . It started with 1 spot, then 2 , and now I have about 8 spots about 1" long all on the bottom of pool.
We have brushed and brushed.
Our pool builder came by and tried a pumice stone -did not work . BTW ,he said ther3 was nothing to worry about ...ugh...I am still worrying...lol
I have some pics and will try to get better ones from underwater if I need to , but these are all I have .
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated
we have a oak tree and a weeping willow that gets a few leaves in the pool but nothing extreme and I run the robot 3 times a week .
I don't fertilize the lawn so I am not sure what it is?
I do fertile some citrus trees about 20 feet from pool but i use organic chicken poop fertilizer on the and I doubt that is it , but wanted to put everything I can think of out there .

Attachments

• 20191106_071047.jpg
    20191106_071047.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 20191106_071219.jpg
    20191106_071219.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 44
  • 20191106_071231.jpg
    20191106_071231.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 20191106_071325.jpg
    20191106_071325.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 44
How old is the pool and plaster?

What type of finish is the pool?

One thought is rusting rebar that was not buried under enough gunite. Other is something contaminated the plaster mix.

@onBalance @bdavis466 thoughts?

Localized.
I crushed up half a bottle of vit c and put in some stockings.
I have tried several delivery methods but the best is attaching it rtight to end of pole.
I set on a stain for 10 minutes one time and this turned the area under it a little dark for a while but did nothing to the stain.

Not to bump thread but here are some more pics with out zooming in (pics from yesterday) I actually have multiple stains in some of the pics . And I have one of those willow tree leaves in one too. I have noted its potion this morning and will see if there is a stain under it today when I get home.

I am stumped! I am very good at diagnostics and really thought it would be a breeze to figure out what kind of stain these are. I dont want to have a pool covered with them this time next year.
I wish I had more faith in my PB , but I dont (feel kind of bad about that...)

Attachments

• 20191108_072648.jpg
    20191108_072648.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 39
  • 20191108_072718.jpg
    20191108_072718.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 20191108_072759.jpg
    20191108_072759.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 20191108_072817.jpg
    20191108_072817.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 38
Any stains from tree3s would be organic and cleared up with chlorine.

Those stains look like they are in the plaster not on the surface.

I will get some up close ,underwater pics when soon and post, but if its in the plaster are there ways to get rid of them, or do I just learn to live with it ?
Should this be something I continue to complain about to my PB?
like I said before, they did come look at it and said they don't see any issue that warrants any concern...

I don't really see anything in the picture. Its a man-made product applied by hand and will never be perfect. Yours actually looks pretty uniform compared to the complaints we typically see around here.

Keep an eye on it and see if it gets bigger or worse

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Learn to live with it unless it spreads and gets really bad.

You can complain tot he PB but the fact is he can't do anything if it is not on the surface.

My fear is that these are spreading. I am sure I would have noticed these in the beginning.
I do want to thank you all for responding and I will post those up close pics when I can get them

Bdavis466, the best pic is the last one (of the 2nd batch), you can see 2 of the worst spots in the one pic. From left to right they are aprx 1/4 and 1/2 way across pic , almost dead center .
If you are able to downlaod it and blow it up , you can see more detail than i can get with the zoom feature viewing on line

Ok ,so I got a chance to get some pics up close and underwater. Sorry, they are not the greatest .
So I have continued to work on them , still nothing changes them at all. , I have even bought one of those Putiry spot cleaner things and tried multiple times with acid and Vit C -nothing.
They do not seem to be growing but I am shocked I did not notice them until over a month after pool was filled

Any input please. Maybe my expectations are too high but I don't want to bring PB back unless its a real problem.
If its just a defect in plaster, and its normal pool stuff, so be it . Or is it worth complaining about ?

Not sure you can see but I actually numbered these files . there are 4 different spots in these pics

PS:I actually pulled these from video so if more pics are needed I can get them . But these are the best looking to me
SPOT 1 -2 OVER ALL.jpgSPOT 1.jpgSPOT 2.jpgSPOT 2 CLOSE UP.jpg

Attachments

• SPOT 1 CLOSE UP.jpg
    SPOT 1 CLOSE UP.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 23
They are not worth complaining about if they do not grow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.