San Antonio, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Recently these stains have been showing up on my pool floor. They are in several areas, but all are directly under overhanging Live Oak tree limbs. Brushing and Prowler cleaner are of no help in getting rid of them. Over the span of 2 or 3 days they do fade and then disappear without the addition of any additional chemicals. I am not overly concerned with them as they do disappear and do not seem to leave any lingering stains. Should I be concerned about them?

Pool readings from yesterday:
FC 7.0
CC 0
PH 7.8
TA 100
CH 375
CYA 60
SALT 3400
TEMP 79
CSI 0.15

Attachments

• BROWN SPOTS (Small).jpg
    BROWN SPOTS (Small).jpg
    30 KB · Views: 16
Organic stains from tannin in the oak debris. Your chlorine will take care of them. Your pool cleaner should be getting the debris off the bottom. A saw will remove the overhanging branches. :poke:

I figured that what it was. Was really curious as to weather I needed to worry about permanent stain damage. They have been going away in a day or so due to chlorine. Will see what I can do to get trees trimmed next winter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.