tam430

May 2, 2016
Greenwood , Louisiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
i have tried for 2 years to get rid of this stuff. not sure if it's dropping out of tree abovepool or algea. it is on top of the ladder not in the water also. but it is not slimey until it gets wet. i only have 5 in 1 test strips to test with and my ph is 7.2 cya is low alkalinity is 100 range chlor is low. i know i need a test kit but low on funds for now.. can u tell me what i am fighting.. also i vac everyday and my skimmer sock gets full of slime and turn a rust colored brown. i have a 2500 gph in tex cartridge pump with a hayward skimmer. i don't use intex brand filters i use pleatco pin 20. please help me......

I had 2 tree frogs mating on the top rail of the pool 2 weeks ago. But there is "way" to many of this slimey things to be the offspring of those frog. lol.

Here are my test readings.

tc - 0
fc - 1
ph - 7.2
ta - 120
cya - 50

those are from the test strips I have.

I got home today and my roommate had cleaned the pool. so all I got pics of the slime in the skimmer sock. sorry. 20190613_191645[1].jpg20190613_191433[1].jpg20190613_191433[1].jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Make sure that you're vigilant about all maintenance procedures. Brushing, vacuuming, cleaning baskets, cleaning filters, chemistry etc.

Maybe run the fc a few ppm above normal for a week just to be safe.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.