Broken pressure gauge?

g5marek

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 23, 2014
Markham/Ontario
I found my sand filter pressure gauge reading 40 psi when i went to open the pool after the winter.

It was just stuck there at 40. In the past it would be at 20 psi after a back wash and 30 psi when the filter was dirty.

I decided to go ahead and still open the pool and buy a replacement the next time I am at the local pool store.

After opening the pool the gauge now reads 60 when the pump is running and 40 when it's off.

Do you guys think that the gauge is broken or is there a way to reset it so that it drops back down to 0 when the system is off and not pressurized?

The gauge is broken. I would not recommend tapping it with a hammer since they are threaded to screw into the filter. You can order the nice one Pat mentioned or you can go to your local hardware store and pick one up. You just need to know the correct diameter for the threaded post. If you get it from a pool store it will cost about $5 more.

Not sure there's a good fix other than a really big hammer :hammer: You know you can always order a really nice one from TFTestkits.com (same as TF-100 link below) for about $12. Nice glycerin-filled, top or side mount. Just a thought.
I would love to get the gauge from TFTTestkits.com, but unfortunately they don't ship to Canada. [emoji20]

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

I would not recommend tapping it with a hammer since they are threaded to screw into the filter.
I wasn't recommending tapping, I meant a full-blown sledgehammer. :) Kidding of course. Well, definitely a local replacement then. Good luck! Once you get the old one off ... then get the sledgehammer. :p

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.