Breakers for Pentair EasyTouch

Jul 18, 2015
Zeeland MI
Can someone point me to the correct model of breakers needed for the Pentair Easytouch and a good place to purchase those? I need 2 1 pole 20 amp GFCI's and a 2 pole 20 amp GFCI. From what I could find it is the QF120a and QF220a?
Per code I need a GFCI outlet within 20 feet I think? Can that be on the same breaker as the pool light? The electrician quoted 3 breakers. 1 for the light, 1 for the outlet and the 2 pole for the pump.

I have a picture attached to this post:
can an EasyTouch 8SC-IC40 run 5 valve actuators?

breakers, top to bottom ( from memory)
single pole for the EasyTouch itself.
two pole for the pump,
two pole for the intellichlor and the heater
single pole for the blower
single pole for the pool lights and tied into the GFCI, which is attached to the load center on the lower right corner.

I can look at the model when I get home if you need specifics.

Pump CB should be GFCI.
Outlet CB can be GFCI if regular outlet used or can be regular CB with a GFCI outlet
Light CB ( for pool light?) needs to be GFCI.

Pump needs to be on a dedicated breaker.

Other devices don't but it is best to put each device on its own breaker if you have the panel space. It makes it easier diagnosing problems if the breaker trips. With multiple devices on a breaker you can’t easily figure out where the problem tripping the breaker is.

Breaker in main panel feeding subpanel does not need to be GFCI.

Okay great. I also got a peristaltic pump for chlorine dosing that I want to put on one of the relays. Can that be tied into the GFCI outlet circuit or the light circuit or should it be a separate breaker? And does that need to be GFCI?

All outdoor devices should be GFCI protected.

If you put the peristaltic pump on the same circuit as the outlet or light and the GFCI opens you will be left to disconnecting wires to figure out which device is causing it. Separate CB is suggested.

For recommended circuit breaker types, refer to the circuit breaker chart on the inside front door of the Power Center.

Last edited:
I have read reference that some GFCI Breakers were tripping when used for Intellifow pump. The breakers may have not been recommended GFCI Breakers. I ordered GFCI breakers from AMAZON,SQUARE D and they work fine. A little more expensive but they do not trip. (See image)106075

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.