Brass anchor loose inside ground

gdog2004

Jul 19, 2011
Lehigh Valley, PA
Hey guys, when I tried to make the brass anchors pop up a bit to hook the pool cover on, I turned one of them too hard and now the anchor and the piece it fits in are a little loose. So when I go to turn it, the anchor turns AND the housing around it. I was still able to get the pool cover hooked on it but it concerns me. Any suggestions on how to fix that ? I know in the future I can just loosen them more with water prior to turning. Initially I used WD40 but that wasn't the greatest idea upon further research :/

Thus far, I've not had any get loose when either loosening or tightening the insert. Often contemplated on how I'd reset them (if loose as you say) so let me know what you wind up doing.

Last winter I had a few of those threaded inserts pop right out when the cover was heavily weighted down by snow and ice for a few months. They must have been turned out near the end of the threads, but still...I was quite surprised. Never found the one. The thing must have been catapulted out with a good bit of force and really took off. Looked for it on and off during the summer and never came across it.

Thus far, I've not had any get loose when either loosening or tightening the insert. Often contemplated on how I'd reset them (if loose as you say) so let me know what you wind up doing.

Last winter I had a few of those threaded inserts pop right out when the cover was heavily weighted down by snow and ice for a few months. They must have been turned out near the end of the threads, but still...I was quite surprised. Never found the one. The thing must have been catapulted out with a good bit of force and really took off. Looked for it on and off during the summer and never came across it.
I guess I could put a little concrete in the hole, but man I hate the idea of buying/mixing an entire bag of concrete for this

Masonry adhesive will work. It doesn't necessarily need to be in there tight though, as long as you can unscrew the bolt from the socket and get the spring around the anchor, it will still work just fine.

Reactions: gdog2004
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.