Brand new Coleman salt water pool

jetfan101

Silver Supporter
Sep 18, 2016
Kunkletown,Pa
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
Will be putting it up soon 26 round 52 high. I am on well water with a filter system using calcite. I was thinking of using the well with like one load of delivered balanced water about 4-5k gal . To make it least some chemical right away. And a little easier on my well pump. And a little quicker to fill pool. Should I do this or take about 4 days to fill pool? Or any other suggestions. Thanks

I'm not sure I understand everything here. The well filter system you say is Calcite? What is that for? When you say make chemical right away, not sure what you mean.

Sorry for all the questions, but I want to understand.

Do you know if your well water has iron in it? If it does it will be much easier on you if you can fill the pool with iron free water. If you are not sure about iron content before you fill the pool get a 5 gallon bucket of well water and mix in about a 1/2 cup of bleach. If the water has high levels of iron the water will turn a muddy brown color.

Calcite is an iron filtration media . If I use my well to fill pool want to do it slow . I just had a new well pump done. The old one was a builders special. According to the pump service I used .this one is a big improvement in pressure and now I can't see sediment. Zea3 thanks for the tip will try this weekend. I am concerned on taking too long to fill pool won't it bacteria or other problems?

Ok the bleach test . the water stayed clear. So now I know I can use the water. If I fill the pool from the well it will take a few days before the pump will be able to move the water. do I need to pour in bleach as the water is filling ,even though the water can't circulate. Or do I have a few days where the water will be ok. I did a water test out of sink faucet Ph 7.1 Ta 90. using taylor kit

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.