TFP Guide
Oct 20, 2017
Southern WI
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
This never fails to amuse me. Store brand bleach, $2.99 for 121 oz of 8.25%, or $4.49 for 81 oz of 7.5% if you want Clorox.
A3D9738C-385D-48BF-AF2E-C457ED5EB6C6.jpeg
The power of brand names I suppose.

Also I have to note with amusement that the tiny bottle of Clorox is “33% more!” Marketing...

• Haha
Reactions: Mdragger88
Want a real laugh? Look up chlorine and bleach on Amazon. $16 for one gallon of 6%!!! "Commercial Grade 12.5% sodium hypochlorite: $25 a gallon.

Almost all bleach products are manufactured by two or three companies in North America (Canada, US, Mexico). The only differences are the label they put on it and the finishing additives used (thickeners, scents and the top secret “CloroMax Technology”). KIK Industries is one of them.

There is literally NO DIFFERENCE between 6% Clorox and 6% generic accept for what the consumer is willing to part with from their bank account.

The same is true for canned and frozen veggies. The large food canning and packaging operators and distributors get their foods from all the same farms and the only difference between Green Giant and “random store brand” green beans is the label on the can.

This never fails to amuse me. Store brand bleach, $2.99 for 121 oz of 8.25%, or $4.49 for 81 oz of 7.5% if you want Clorox.
Also I have to note with amusement that the tiny bottle of Clorox is “33% more!”

don’t forget the sign that says “Limit 2 Valley Bleach”. You can buy all the super high profit Chlorox you want!!

Reactions: jseyfert3
Yeah that sign was added a while ago when bleach was getting hard to find do to COVID. Luckily Menard’s carries 12.5% for $3.99 a gallon and it was in stock all summer, so that was my go to for pool usage. But they stopped carrying it when pool season ended, which is way too soon for TFP winterizing. The next best deal was the Valley View bleach here, and I was able to get through the fall with that. There were a couple times I’d get two, come back the next day for another two. :LOL:

Next year I’ll get a few extra 12.5% jugs before Menard’s stops carrying them for the season.

Reactions: gary300
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.