Boy I sure hope someone can help asap, nothing since giving $

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I may, can we call time for just a second and slow down to all get on the same page? Let’s also give James a second to nap some as it’s 3-4am for him. ?

So let me see if we’re grasping correctly. You purchased a new LED bulb hoping to save cash but it doesn’t seem to just screw in. It also maybe leaking somewhat. Your question is how do you stop it from leaking and can the bulb you purchased work in your light niche?

Is this correct??

Beach, unfortunately the replacement light you purchased will not work in your fixture. The link James posted earlier in the thread will take you to the correct replacement parts you need. Your light requires 2 smaller bulbs, and as discussed, you will need a new seal.

If you want to change to a LED bulb like you purchased, you will need to have a new fixture installed that will accommodate that type of bulb. :cheers:

The new bulb that was purchased won't work.

There is part of the label that is not visible in the pictures. It has more information, like volts, watts and model number. Can you post a picture of that information on the label?

The new bulb that was purchased won't work.

There is part of the label that is not visible in the pictures. It has more information, like volts, watts and model number. Can you post a picture of that information on the label?
Well it doesn't matter really what it says, I already have a new gasket and the light works fine so I just need to put it back together and in the pool. Which I can do later but in the mean time can the pump be run?

The pump and the light should be independent. I can't think of any reason not to run the pump unless it could somehow squirt water into the light.

Don't use an automatic cleaner because it might catch on the cord and pull the light into the pool.

Make sure that the light is secure and can't fall into the pool or get rained on.

Make sure that the power is off to the light at the breaker and don't swim until the light is secure.

If the light can't be resecured, it should be disconnected from power at the junction box.

Last edited:
From what I’m reading this is turning into a dangerous item. Please take the advice from JamesW as electricity and water just don’t mix. Until the light is put together properly the pool is unsafe.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.