Bowlin's pool test results

Bowlin

May 4, 2007
Kannapolis, NC
OK a full set of test results from a drop based kit (NOT from test strips) that include: 7:00pm 6-13
Free Chlorine 9
CC .25
pH 7.2-7.5
Total Alkalinity 80
CyA 30 if I did it correct.

2) My pool is a foxx pool its a grecian 19' X 39' my best guess on the gallons is 27000 might be off

3) Vinyl liner
For the most part I am using the bbb method. and tons of clorox so far.

5) What the water looks like clody and green

6) Sand filter

And I live in the Great State of North Carolina

Free chlorine = ?
Combined chloramines = ?

A full set of numbers will really help you get better answers. If you don't have a complete kit, you can take a sample in to the pool store and just post back the results. Make sure it's a fresh sample and don't buy anything until you post back here with the results.

hth.

"Looks like Crud" - does that mean cloudy and blue or green or what?

Generally, Keep your chlorine levels up to shock level until it pretty much holds that level all night and your pH in line and run your pump 7/24, vacuum and backwash regularly. It should clear in 3 to 7 days.

OK a full set of test results from a drop based kit (NOT from test strips) that include: 7:00am 6-14
Free Chlorine 16
CC 0
pH 7.3
Total Alkalinity 80

2) My pool is a foxx pool its a grecian 19' X 39' my best guess on the gallons is 27000 might be off

3) Vinyl liner

5) What the water looks like clody and green

6) Sand filter

It sounds like you are doing everything correctly. You should keep the FC level above 15 for a while and give the filter time to work. It is also good to brush the pool once a day and clean up any debris you can get at.

Check your FC in the evening and then again the next morning. If the level holds overnight then the algae is dead and you just need to give the filter time to work. It can take a week to filter everything out of the pool. Keep an eye on the presure gague and backwash the filter as needed, or every other day in any case.

OK a full set of test results from a drop based kit (NOT from test strips) that include: 7:00am 6-15
Free Chlorine 17
CC
pH 7.2
Total Alkalinity 120

3) Vinyl liner

5) What the water looks like cloudy and green

6) Sand filter

Still green, so you are still killing algae! Keep adding bleach as you have been... if you could boost it up during the day also, it would help clear your pool faster.

Are you adding the bleach at night so it can work without fighting the sun? or is the 17 this morning after you added bleach?
You should really add bleach at night, and then boost it in the morning/throughout the day, if possible, until your pool clears. With a CYA of 30, you should shock to 15 and keep it as close to 15 as possible at ALL times!!

Don't forget to watch your filter pressure and backwash as necessary! Sounds like you are on the right track, just need that ol' patience and persistence!! :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That sounds like a good chlorine number. Did you check what it was last night so you can tell if it went down overnight?

Once your chlorine level holds overnight you still need to keep it there for another day or two. Give the filter time to work, it can take the filter up to a week to completely clear the water. While the chlorine is still high you should brush the whole pool once a day. Also, keep an eye on your filter pressure and backwash as needed or every couple of days in any case while the pool is murky.

Keep at it and you will be swimming soon!

OK a full set of test results from a drop based kit (NOT from test strips) that include: 7:00pm 6-13
Free Chlorine 10
CC 0
pH 7.3
Total Alkalinity 80
CyA 40 if I did it correct.

3) Vinyl liner

5) What the water looks like cloudy and I can see the main drain at the bottom of the deep in, I dove down and gathered my navigator and got it running. All is looking up.

6) Sand filter

7) Huge question should I do anything with the sand filter once the water is totally clear and the pool looks normal.

Am I correct in assuming those test are as of 6/13...7:00pm? I may have an idea why your pool is taking so long to clear.....what have you added to the pool since those tests?

No, your sand filter will be fine and won't require anything additional.

I believe you have missed a key ingredient to clearing your pool. You must keep your Chlorine up at shock level CONSTANTLY. So for your pool, you should be testing at least twice each day and adding enough clorox twice each day to bring your Cl reading right back up to 15+. Unless you start adding Clorox twice daily, and up to 15+ each time, you may not swim this Summer.

Chlorine is a consumable. Algae and sunlight consume Chlorine. The only way to kill the algae is to keep your Clorox up in the 15-20ppm range CONSTANTLY until your pool clears.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.