Bought speed stirrer, it doesn’t even turn on

poolshrinker

Jun 4, 2016
Portland OR metro
I bought a speed stirrer in March when I bought my test kit, but never used it because I never had a need to.

Now I am SLAMing for the first time, and tried to use my speed stirrer. Nothing happens. No lights, no power, no nothing. I tried changing the batteries, nothing.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is it defective?

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Be sure the batteries are installed correctly.

@OTPirate

CraigChing

Gold Supporter
Jun 15, 2019
Plymouth, Minnesota
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I didn’t buy mine from TFTestKits, I got it elsewhere and I had to fiddle with the batteries a bit to get them seated right at first, but it has worked fine since.

drsipe

Gold Supporter
Jul 24, 2020
Middletown, Pennsylvania
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
I had some issues with my speed stir when I first got one. It did not work when I installed the batteries, so I changed the batteries, still didn't work. I took a small piece of scotchbright and cleaned the terminals and then it worked. They must get a little corrosion on the battery terminals during storage and shipping.

I would try cleaning the battery terminals with something lightly abrasive.

BTW, once you use the speed stir, you will not want to do a test without one.

Desert Dog

Silver Supporter
Apr 4, 2020
Alpine, Ca
Mine did not work the first time either. Pushed the light button instead of the on/off and it worked. Worked fine since. Either button. weird.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

poolshrinker

Jun 4, 2016
Portland OR metro
well, that didn’t work but I figured out the problem. The plastic battery holder is so tight that the batteries don’t slide freely in the space and don’t connect to both terminals. There’s no way to loosen the plastic housing, but by pulling out the spring terminal on each side the circuit completes, and now it works!

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.