Toronto
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
I was so excited to have received my SmarterSpa since it’s been on back order and took a month to get.

I drained my bromine tub, rinsed off/through as much of the standing water as I could, refilled with fresh city water and balanced it and added salt as follows:

Ph: 7.5
CH:330
TA: 170
CYA: 20

I added salt as per manual of 2.5cups per 379 litres.

It got up to 2000ppm salt as per my Taylor test kit.

Started the SmarterSpa unit but it complained salt too low. In boost mode I pressed the down arrow and it said the salt “level” is at 39.

I then added more salt to 2500ppm, SmarterSpa unit now registers salt level of 50 but still complains salt too low.

I could see only a little bit of chlorine gas being generated by the module in the tub.

I added another cup of salt and waited an hour to no avail. At this point I chickened out and partially drained and filled with fresh water because I wasn’t sure whether too much salt would corrode my hot tub internals…

I emailed the company for advice and haven’t heard a response yet.

Anyone here have any suggestions ?

I’m still in the process of getting the TA lower, aiming for around 80… not sure if that’s going to help.

First off, good for you for having the Taylor salt test kit. ✅

Don't add salt to the spa while the salt generator is turned on. Wait a day for total dissolving and mixing in. When sometimers a glob of salt goes thru the SWG before being totally dissolved, it sort of messes with the device's *brain* in a way.

I would turn it off for a day, add liquid chlorine if necessary, and see if someone can tell you how to reset the device or can tell you how to set it up. I'm sorry I don't know that one.

Maddie :flower:

Reactions: duganderson
Spoke with controlomatic and they said there’s something wrong with the electrodes and they will have to send a replacement… ugh!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.