Bought a pool, CYA > 200

And it is best to not add CYA via the skimmer. The use of a sock with the dry powder in it hung in front of a return is much better.

RETURN, NEVER put chemicals (rare exception CYA) in the skimmer
And it is best to not add CYA via the skimmer. The use of a sock with the dry powder in it hung in front of a return is much better.

Yeah I updated my response with a qualifier.

I know it's not the recommended way, but since it's not harmful (like the other chemicals), just wasteful, if the pool owner backwash's their filter media within a few days after. =)

SLAM has begun! CYA is now at 30 after filling all the way and vacuuming to drain. Amazing since is was over 200.

Ok to have Polaris mix water?

f73a2e22aee3b78ba15d06f44aedad97.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Also, when should I check the FC again?
That will be a learning period. At first you might re-test the FC in about an hour. If it held very close to 12 (your SLAM level), then next time you might be able to wait longer. At some point you hope to get where you test the FC every few hours and it holds quite well. But early on, the intervals will be sooner. IN either case, simply bump it back up as required and do your best to maintain it between work, shopping, etc.

Well, as time goes on you will probably adjust the dosage amounts to where you dial-in the exact pool size. As a comparison, my pool is 16 x 40 ft, about 3 -3.5 at the shallow end, and 7 ft at the deep (minus a few inches for the skimmer), and it's rated at 17,888.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.