San Rafael, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hi all, my wife and I bought a house with a pool last October – our first pool (although years ago we had a Sundance spa I maintained myself at a former home.).

I've been learning all about how this new-to-us pool is configured, how the controller and valves work, etc.
We currently have a pool maintenance company who services the pool weekly, but I may end up taking over once I get my head around it.

When we bought the house, I didn't realize I'd also picked up a new hobby. Some of my progress so far:
  • replaced an old noisy booster pump myself (and may eventually replace the filter pump as I think it's pretty old/noisy)
  • managed to get the solar heating started up and the pool is gradually warming up with some recent sunny days
  • troubleshot the electrical configuration of the lights and got them working, as they did not work when we bought the house
  • had our pool company replace the old incandescent pool lights with new Pentair color LED lights (although I don't have the fancy controller yet)
Next on my list is a new SWG and patching cracking in the skimmer throat & body.
We'll probably do a full pool remodel at some point in the future to address the cracked skimmer and cracked coping.

Thanks in advance for all the info and helpful content here!

Welcome to TFP! Looks like you’ve already got a good handle on maintenance items. I see that you have a
TF-100 on order and coming in. That’s a great step. Post up photos of the pool and equipment pad, we love photos.

Reactions: wheeler1