Booster Pump plumbing

sugast

Nov 21, 2018
Dallas, TX
I have a Polaris booster pump for my 280 cleaner. The pump has a small leak where the return line connects to the pump. It's a small leak but it's annoying and causing weeds to grow around my equipment! As you can see from the pictures, my return line is 1 1/2 PVC connected directly to the pump. I don't see a quick connect. Does that mean I have to cut the pipe to disconnect the line? Or should I just use some type of plastic weld, etc. to seal the leak? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0818.jpg
    IMG_0818.jpg
    334 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0819.jpg
    IMG_0819.jpg
    333 KB · Views: 11
Polaris wants you to use the soft piping with the quick disconnects for their pump. The pump moves quite a bit when stopping and starting and that can cause problems as it has for you.

I'd cut both ends back and use Polaris' quick disconnects with their rubber hose and tie that into your fixed plumbing. The newer black connects are so much better than the old white ones. They screw on rather than snap, which was next to impossible.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.