Bonding issue ( update )

Feneche

Jun 21, 2019
Las Vegas
long story short,
change all the pool aquepment (some new some used)
Didnt had any bonding wire i was looking everywhere around the pool equipment but no success (incloding digging around the equepment)
And even i go with the water ling that go to the pool
Question: is the boding wire go toghter with the water lines that going to and from the pool ?

I posted here, and got advise to buy that device (see attach) and to connect it to the metal handle and that will help me to find the bonding wire But Still no bonding wire can be found

Please help

Attachments

• 15926910017394820889115896264047.jpg
    15926910017394820889115896264047.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 44
Can you show what you did with the device?

Where did you connect it?

How did you test?

If you put the signal generator on the ground wire, you should have been able to detect a signal at the handrail assuming the handrail is bonded.

Did you make sure that the signal generator and receiver were working correctly by trying them on a known wire?

Maybe the pool was never bonded.

Did you contact the original builder or the electrician or the inspector?

Last edited:
Sure
One black clamp to the metal that go into the soil
I twist a copper wire to the hand rail so it can have a good connection that where i pot the red clamp
The machine is on 3 lavel so it give a strongest signal
The the director divice is on
When i get close to the machine it make sound when i go far fr ok m it it not make any sound
So the unit is working

Attachments

• 20200620_154641.jpg
    20200620_154641.jpg
    429.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 20200620_154700.jpg
    20200620_154700.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 20200620_154649.jpg
    20200620_154649.jpg
    629 KB · Views: 31
  • 20200620_154707.jpg
    20200620_154707.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 29
The wired thing is evn when i go to a few ft fr ok m the metal rail and i walk around the pool and even when im having the detectore on the pool adge
There is no sound

As far as i know, all around the pool i suppose to have a bipping soing becouse the bonding metal that all around the pool, right ?

It depends on how far the signal radiates from the bond wire.

Get a long wire, like maybe an extension cord and stretch it out straight. Connect the signal generator to the extension cord and then walk along to see what the signal range is.

Note: Don't plug in the extension cord while doing this. Just stretch out the cord and connect the signal generator to one of the metal prongs.

This should give you an idea about the range of the signal.

Try connecting the signal generator to the light ground wire and then use the detector at the handrail to see if the receiver detects the signal radiating from the handrail.

Also, maybe go to the city building department to see what information they have about the pool construction.

Do you know who the builder of the pool is?

Is the builder still in business?

I connect it to the ground wire on the pool pannel and it make a sound at the rail and also all over the back yard when i get it close to the ground (see attach)

Attachments

• 15926957471342870822850522201592.jpg
    15926957471342870822850522201592.jpg
    469.7 KB · Views: 23
I connect it to the ground wire on the pool pannel and it make a sound at the rail and also all over the back yard when i get it close to the ground (see attach)
Ok, so that is a good sign that the pool might actually be bonded.

Maybe check around the equipment pad to see what that shows.

You might just need to practice with the device to get good at finding the wire.

Maybe adjust the signal strength to help narrow down the location of the wire.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If there is no bonding wire / or i just want to make another one and move with my life
Pool 1/0 feneche
Again the pool win big time
It's not that easy to do a proper bonding grid after the pool is built.

I suspect that you should be able to locate the bond wire once you get a little bit of practice using the device.

If you have to do a proper bonding grid from scratch, it's a really big job to do it right.

The signal should increase in strength when you get closer to the wire and the signal should decrease in strength when you get farther away from the wire.

Sweep back and forth around the equipment pad to see where the strongest signals are.

That the wired thing, after i had it in the light ground and see signel all over
I attach it back to the rail and the only place with the signal is at the rail or at the ground very close to the black clamp that go to the ground
I go all over the pool aquepment all over but not even low signal, nothing

Reactions: yblaser
If there is no bonding, is there any chance of being electrocuted?
Lack of bonding doesn't create an electrocution hazard in and of itself.

So, you're not going to necessarily be shocked by not having any bonding, but you could be.

Bonding is a safety feature that protects you from getting shocked if there's a stray current.

Bonding is a current requirement and the pool is not considered safe without bonding.

In my opinion, the pool needs to be properly bonded before anyone uses the pool.

In my opinion, the pool is not safe without a bonding grid.

Soo... i make extantion for the device so the black clamp is closer to the back end of the quepment and the red is at the hand rail i was thinking maybe it will find the wire in between,
And now its even got wireder,
I find signal go on the bottom on the yard wall, so i was thinking GREAT I FIND IT !!!
After digging i notice that its go along the wall but its go about 1 ft under the ground laval
When i dig some it give stronger signal BUT ITS GIVE SIGNAL IN THE CEMENT ?!?!
Is that even posible (see attach)

There is no signal going from the pool to the wall
Just along the wall

Attachments

• 20200621_101706.jpg
    20200621_101706.jpg
    369.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 20200621_101720.jpg
    20200621_101720.jpg
    348.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 20200621_101745.jpg
    20200621_101745.jpg
    436.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 20200621_101801.jpg
    20200621_101801.jpg
    428.4 KB · Views: 32
The signal in the cement indicates the metal rebar in the concrete is bonded to the pool. That is a good sign. There should be a wire connected to the rebar that connects to the pool equipment.

As far as I can tell, the pool looks like it was professionally installed. So, I would think that it's definitely bonded, but it's possible that it's not. I'm not sure why it's so hard to find. Maybe consider calling in a service technician to see if there's anything they can see that we're missing.

Update, i talk with 2 pool guys that been reccomended by my friends
Both com up with there idea of bonding wire,
1 told me that its easy fix, just to connect it to the panel... i dont think that he really know how to fix it!?!?!?!
The 2nd one told me that we need to connectvall the aquepment with a wire and to get a bar ti put it deap at the ground and to connecet the wire to the ground its for when a lightening strake, that why there is that bonding wire.
As far as i remmber that not really the true meaning of the bonding wire

And once again im on point blank and dont know what to do

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.