Bonding AGP on a slab

DaveAGM129

Oct 23, 2019
Port st lucie Florida
Curious if anyone has any ideas for bonding a soft side pool sitting on a slab. Does the slab need to be bonded? And what is the preferred method to bond the pool at four points? I'm thinking to remove some of the coating from the upright to attach the bond. Then epoxy over it to prevent corrosion.

A storable (portable) pool doesn't require bonding unless the local code by the AHJ (Authority Having Jurisdiction) requires it.

The NEC considers a 'storable' pool to be, "A storable swimming or wading pool is defined as “those that are constructed on or above the ground and are capable of holding water to a maximum depth of 1.0 m (42 inches), or a pool with nonmetallic, molded polymeric walls or inflatable walls or inflatable fabric walls regardless of dimension.”

If your pool meets the above definition and the AHJ doesn't have a requirement, then your pool doesn't require bonding. If you install a permanent pump that you plan to run while people are swimming, then I suggest you bond it anyway.

If you do decide to bond it, your plan of action is good. I would consider buying threaded bonding lugs and drill and tap holes into the uprights.

As for the slab, there's no practical way to bond it, unless there's some exposed rebar or wire mesh. I would probably run the bond loop just outside it unless it's huge.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.