Blury vision after swimming

Ph 7.2
FC 6 (set using the CYA chart)

Had a good few hours of swimming yesterday - mostly under water with no goggles (eyes open)

This morning my vision is Blury.

What would be the cause? Chlorine reaction?
I’ve washed my eyes out with cool water but still not cleared up.

Goggles is on my no1 list of shopping items to buy today!

pH seems low. I've never had mine down as low as 7.2, so I'm just guessing your eyes might be more comfortable with higher pH. I keep mine in the range 7.4 - 7.7 and target 7.5 - 7.6. If you post a full set of test results, maybe something will become apparent to one of our experts.

One thing that happens to me isn't pool related, but I have a habit of in my sleep somehow ending up with one of my eyes pushed into the pillow. Then I have distorted vision sometimes up to a whole day. I've done some googling on it and it is fairly common. So maybe your swimming made you sleep harder and you did something similar? I'm a side sleeper and I think that has something to do with it.

Is it blurry or distorted? If you look at an LED like on a cable box does it look like they is more than one?

To be on the safe side, I'd suggest you have an ophthalmologist take a look. A properly balanced pool should have no effect on healthy eyes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.