Bluish, gray, cloudy water . . . HELP!!!

Hi . . . I have been testing and shocking for about 3 weeks now. The pool was REALLY bad in the beginning. It has beed sitting for about 2 years before I acquired it.

Just need some help on getting the water crystal clear.

Here are the results from this morning:
pH 7.5
CYA 25
FC 10
CC 0
TC 10
TA 160
CH 80-90

I'm also filtering 24/7, and I back washing about every 2 days. I've brushed the inside of the pool and vacuumed once.

I'm gonna add bleach to get my FC up to ~20 and add stabilizer to get the CYA up to ~ 30.

Another question . . . I seem to have trouble reading the pH test. Any suggestions. I have the TF-100 kit with the taylor K-1000 pH basic kit.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Try reading the PH test while holding up to a sun lit white surface (perhaps a piece of paper or white painted wall). It takes some practice to get really proficient at it. Also, remember that the PH test is only valid when FC is 10 or lower.

Have your done an overnight FC loss test? That will tell you if there is any organic debris left in the water.

Once you are sure the algae is all dead, try adding a little DE to your sand filter. That often speeds up the clearing process.

Also, make sure there isn't any debris sitting in the bottom of the pool. If anything comes up when you run a leaf rake across the bottom of the pool, you need to clean it all up as well as you possibly can.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.