Blue Stains

fman47

Jul 8, 2019
Mays Landing, NJ
After my last backwash, the diatomaceous material circulated into the pool as the filter was returned to service. The materiel was heavy on the pool surface and it looks like the white plaster was stained blue. How can I remove the blur stain. Also, not sure why the earth circulated into the pool.

Please let me know of any ideas for the cause of the earth circulating into the pool and how to remove the stain

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Welcome to TFP.

We need more information about your pool, filter, valves, and plumbing. Post pics of your equipment, plumbing, pool, and the stained area.

fman47

Jul 8, 2019
Mays Landing, NJ
Inground 18x35 , 18000 gal with Plaster /spa & waterfall, Jandy Aqualink, whisperflo pump, Jandy Chlorine Generator, NG Heater, FNS 60 DE Filter, Polaris 9550 sport cleaner. Build in 2008, re plastered in 2012 because of cracks, opens May 15 to Sept 30

Attachments

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ

Try the trichlor puck or vitamin C on the stain as described above to determine the type of stain.

fman47

Jul 8, 2019
Mays Landing, NJ
I tested the blue stain removal and the stains were removed when I used PH down in a sock on stain. any ideas on a simple way to treat the pool without the Acid wash method

Donldson

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio
Do you use any kind of algaecide and/or has your pH been especially low recently?