Blue Square Eclipse Drain

Spyderagent

Dec 5, 2019
Irving, TX
Hello,

we are in the design phase of an inground pool. The PB defaulted us to a suction cleaner that attaches to one of our two skimmers in the initial quote. We don’t know how we feel about 1) occupying a skimmer and 2) the aesthetics of a hose coming out of the skimmer.

We have only ever had a pressure cleaner in previous pools, so we are new to the suction cleaner world. I think we are okay with a suction cleaner as there is not much foliage in our backyard and the only trees we intend on planting are palm trees. I asked the PB if we could at least get a dedicated suction port to eliminate the skimmer attachment issue, and he came back with an option that is intriguing.

He proposed a Blue Square Eclipse Drain both in the pool and spa. I googled it and the aesthetics of it are pretty cool, but wondering about the effectiveness of this cleaning method. Anyone have direct experience with this? Our pool is rather small - 15’ x 30’ where a tanning ledge and spa take up about 8’ of the 30’ length.

I am unable to find any reviews on the interwebz. Should I just push the dedicated suction port on the wall again?

Any suggestions are welcome.

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Welcome to the forum!

Have you considered getting a Robot pool cleaner? Much more efficient and much better at keeping your pool clean.
Review the Pool Cleaners forum. Many of us have Maytronics/Dolphin brand robots.

Your main drain does very little in keeping your pool clean. To be honest, most pools have no need for a main drain.

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
SA,

Using any water powered cleaner is like using an old black rotary-dial party line phone, instead of a new smart phone.. I suggest that you move up into this Century and look at at one of the low voltage DC Robots.. They do a much better job and do not require you to run your pump...

Thanks,

Jim R.