Blue Pearl vs Blue Diamond

poolboy

May 30, 2007
Hi - I have an 18x36 IG gunite with a broken polaris (the high pressure line broke under the concrete)
Instead of fixing this (it will probably cost almost as much as a robotic) I'm thinking of getting a blue pearl. Is the blue diamond worth the extra money. Pool shape is irregular with lots of curves.
Thanks

kirbinster

Apr 30, 2007
NJ
I had almost the exact same situation last year. My pool is 20 x 40 IG Vinyl an my polaris line broke. After getting cost estimates I plugged the line and bought a blue pearl and have never looked back. It works great. The filter bag does a great job polishing the water and gets stuff out that my huge DE filter does not. No need to buy the expensive one in my mind.

Buggsw

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 22, 2007
Arizona
I have a Blue Diamond RC. I really like it, but after I got it, I realized that I probably would have been just as happy with a Blue Pearl. I have a particular situation about my pool with toe stubbers in the bottom for returns that I was worried the cleaner would get hung up on, so thought I needed the remote. I've had such problems with this with any of the suction side cleaners I had tried before. The BD goes right over them with no problem, and I'm sure the Blue Pearl would, too.

poolboy

May 30, 2007
Well I opted for the Blue Diamond mainly for the 4 year warranty. Was only $300 more and comes with a caddy and hopefully will last longer.
Will update when it arrives

hzz

Apr 9, 2007
Toronto Canada
I just received my Aquabot Viva, which is essentially the same as the Blue Diamond remote control model.

I'll review it after I use it a couple of times....so far looks promising.

I actually paid less for the remote model than the list price of the Blue Diamond without remote. :-D