Blue Essence vs Aqua Rite?

Psymac

Jun 4, 2013
Hi,
My pool service wants to instal the Hayward Blue Essence system, which I can't seem to find much about on the internet, seems like an older model. Prefer to go with Aqua Rite, but he says that is more expensive. Going with Blue Essence OK?

What size pool do you have? Google says Blue Essence is just a 20K system. So, depending on were you live in the world (can you give us a location in your profile) and if your pool is smaller than 10000 gallons, it should be OK>

Further reading shows it also has UV and ozone. Stay away, insist on a plain SWCG. Aquarite is good.

I don't think that the Blue Essence has uv or ozone. The one reference that mentions it is incorrect. They only copied from the Hayward site that was poorly written.

The HydroRite UVO₃ is the all-in-one UV and Ozone system.

In any case, the Blue Essence is basically an Aquarite with a T-5 cell.

Can you describe all of your equipment?

Thanks JamesW - I assumed the site (as it was a Hayward site) was correct. But obviously not.

I did see this Blue Essence is Florida only. Odd.

Hayward does a bunch of private label stuff for different retailers.

Aquarite is probably made under 20 or more different labels.

So, it's not unusual for a specific brand name to be limited to a specific retailer.

I don't think that the blue essence is referenced on any Hayward site. Do you have a link to a Hayward page that mentions the blue essence?

Last edited:
Your right. The page I jumped to was Pool360. It had Hayward plastered all over it. So my bad. Thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.