DIYLinerPool

Sep 28, 2020
Chicago (West Suburbs), IL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi All - first time closing the pool this year in the next few weeks. Potentially dumb question here. I have the Cyclone blower to blow out the lines. I know I have to blow out the lines to my deck jets, returns, skimmer, main drain. My question is do I bypass all the equipment (pump, filter, heater) when blowing out the lines or have the air go through the equipment as well. For the skimmer and main drains I was just planning on disconnecting the PVC from the pump and going backwards from there, but for the returns and deck jets which come after all the equipment, that is more what I am wondering. Thank you for the help!

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
It is best to bypass the equipment when blowing out the lines, especially the filter.

It depends how your equipment is plumbed if you an open up a union or valve to get into the pipes for the blowout. Or you may want to add a blowout point after the heater where you can connect the Cyclone.

DIYLinerPool

Sep 28, 2020
Chicago (West Suburbs), IL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
It is best to bypass the equipment when blowing out the lines, especially the filter.

It depends how your equipment is plumbed if you an open up a union or valve to get into the pipes for the blowout. Or you may want to add a blowout point after the heater where you can connect the Cyclone.
Thanks. I do have unions before and after the pump. I was planning on connecting into those to blowout the lines but that would send air through the filter and the heater. Can’t I change the setting on the filter off “filter” when I blowout the air?

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Can’t I change the setting on the filter off “filter” when I blowout the air?

You could put your MPV on recirculate to bypass the filter but your MPV has gaskets in it that the air pressure can blow out. I woudl rather not put the spider gasket in your MPV under that air pressure.

Thread Status
Hello , This is an inactive thread. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. You will get much more visibility by Starting A New Thread