Knoxville, TN
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60
I can say the result is way better than my generic air compressor. That’s a 15 foot tall Geiser coming out the of the skimmer. :LOL: This thing blew out the main drain easily as well and made it so easy to blow out the lines. Plan to also use it to winterize my lawn sprinkler system.
8F0095C3-076D-4E27-80A2-CF601E4133BC.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Newdude
Nice! Same here, bought one this year and was impressed with the ease of use and results.

I'm curious...what is the PVC thing on the deck?

Nice! Same here, bought one this year and was impressed with the ease of use and results.

I'm curious...what is the PVC thing on the deck?
It’s a self priming siphon for when winter storms fill the pool too much. I can hook up a hose to it and turn on the water to prime it and then shut the water off and it’ll continue draining until the water level hits the end of the pipe that sticks down into the water.

I got tired of running out there barefoot when a downpour would pop out of nowhere and raise the water level 2” in a short amount of time.

Last edited:
Reactions: wireform
It’s a self priming siphon for when winter storms fill the pool too much. I can hook up a hose to it and turn on the water to prime it and then shut the water off and it’ll continue draining until the water level hits the end of the pipe that sticks down into the water.

I got tired of running out there barefoot when a downpour would pop out of nowhere and raise the water level 2” in a short amount of time.
That’s trick. Wanted to drain a bit the other day, and was trying to think about how to do this. Didn’t have time to google, and just threw in sump. Thanks for this, I may try it.

I have a short screw on extension that reaches deeper into the water so it’ll keep the lower water level I have now that the pool is closed.

Let me know how that works for the sprinkler system. I've done the irrigation system with a home compressor and it sucks. Just not enough volume.
As far as the pool, I'm still too inexperienced to trust myself to not mess it up somehow and have freeze damage. Plus the local shop has a "guarantee" against freeze damage.

Let me know how that works for the sprinkler system. I've done the irrigation system with a home compressor and it sucks. Just not enough volume.
As far as the pool, I'm still too inexperienced to trust myself to not mess it up somehow and have freeze damage. Plus the local shop has a "guarantee" against freeze damage.
They will dig up any PVC lines that break or replace any of the equipment thats damaged by freezing? I’d be curious if anyone in Texas had a similar guarantee and had it honored. Though maybe they don’t close pools as much that far south and so wouldn’t have that kind of guarantee.

I watched our local shop do it the first year. Wasn’t a big deal for me. I could probably get away with not closing it at all this far south, but no sense in keeping it open for 4 months if no one would dare get in the thing.

Just winterized the sprinkler system today. It worked ok. Just gotta make sure one of the valves are always open so the cyclone doesn’t stop moving air. Some of the sprinklers are a good walk away (100 yards) and I needed to find the downhill end of the sprinkler line to lift it up and allow water to flow out. But if I waited too long after letting the timer valve shut, the blower would start dead heading and felt like it was getting hot.

Just winterized the sprinkler system today. It worked ok. Just gotta make sure one of the valves are always open so the cyclone doesn’t stop moving air. Some of the sprinklers are a good walk away (100 yards) and I needed to find the downhill end of the sprinkler line to lift it up and allow water to flow out. But if I waited too long after letting the timer valve shut, the blower would start dead heading and felt like it was getting hot.
Thanks for the update.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.