Blowing lines no main drain

Cassiecassie

Jun 23, 2020
Delaware
Hello!
inground vinyl liner, 20,000 gal.
2 jets 1 skimmer.
hayward sand filter.

i am closing the pool myself this year, i have read and read about blowing lines out, plugs, air bubbles, however i am getting tripped up on how to blow out the “main line”. How do i know what our main line is??

last year the pool closers disconnected the white plumbing pipes going to the filter. I am not sure why, maybe to just let the water drain out?

I do not see an area on the filter that you connect the air compressor to?

i have attached two pictures

can someone tell me how to drain the main lines out without a main drain? Where do i connect the air compressor to in order to drain main drain?

thanks.

Attachments

CTFocusST

Jul 4, 2019
Glastonbury CT
Tha main lines are the suction and pressure side piping pulling water and returning water to pool. Have you seen the post below? He has a lot of very useful pictures and other information in there including some options of where to connect compressor/shop vac.

Cassiecassie

Jun 23, 2020
Delaware
Tha main lines are the suction and pressure side piping pulling water and returning water to pool. Have you seen the post below? He has a lot of very useful pictures and other information in there including some options of where to connect compressor/shop vac.

Oh great, thank you! I haven’t seen this thread! Taking a look now!