AussieSwimmer

Feb 7, 2019
Australis
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
After successfully fixing my own algae problem thanks to this site and buying my own testing kit, I want to fix my parents pool. I was over there today and noticed they have black algae. I scrapped a bit off and it was green. I've read the article on here about black algae, is it correct that the SLAM level is lower than other types of Algae? My parents have a concrete 50,000L SWCG with sand filter. I haven't got any of there current numbers yet as I was only there today. So curious on SLAM FC level required (obv based on the CYA reading)....also after brushing some off today, I'm in for a big upper body workout. Cheers!

Be sure you pass a full SLAM then you maintain an elevated FC for an extended time with brushing to clear the black algae.

Found some algae on that Styrofoam patch on the inside of the flap, you can see the green. Is it ok to rip this off? I'm assuming it's not that important and I could just reattach a new one?
20190309_130147.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.