Bit of a Pickle (Liner Shortage/Possible close pool for the year)

mayny80

Jun 4, 2020
New York
Hi All,

Looking to get some advice on how to proceed with my current issue. I opened my above ground pool about 2 weeks ago and water level dropped about 25% within a week. I called a leak repair guy who came by and found around 18 holes, he thinks I'm better off replacing the liner at this point because it seems like taking a brush to the liner is causing some of the smaller holes where the wall and ground meet.

Now the problem is, everyone I've contacted does not have or cannot get a liner and I've been searching everywhere as well with no luck. Would anyone possibly have a place where I might possibly be able to order one by any chance?

Otherwise unfortunately, that leads to my next question, if I'm unable to get the liner replaced for this summer, what will I need to do to ensure the pool is ok through the summer? I understand there should be water in order to keep the structure sound, but will I need to do any upkeep with the water, considering I won't be able to use the filter because the water level will not stay up with all the holes.

Really frustrated with this whole thing and appreciate any advice.

It's almost impossible to find a liner currently, I've been casually looking. Someone posted a day or so ago about a place in the midwest that had them in stock. You had to call or go in to the store. Couldn't order on line. Maybe try calling local and not so local pool stores? From what I paid 2.5 years ago, to what I've seen recently, they are a lot more expensive and your selection is slim.

As for the holes, I am thinking they are pretty small? I patched 3 holes in my old Intex, this stuff held up for 2 years, no issues. I don't know how you feel about patching 18 holes though.

Can you get a softer brush? Or is the liner that brittle?

It's almost impossible to find a liner currently, I've been casually looking. Someone posted a day or so ago about a place in the midwest that had them in stock. You had to call or go in to the store. Couldn't order on line. Maybe try calling local and not so local pool stores? From what I paid 2.5 years ago, to what I've seen recently, they are a lot more expensive and your selection is slim.

As for the holes, I am thinking they are pretty small? I patched 3 holes in my old Intex, this stuff held up for 2 years, no issues. I don't know how you feel about patching 18 holes though.

Can you get a softer brush? Or is the liner that brittle?
Not really sure where the holes are exactly, the repair guy did mark it but can't really there where in that area they would be located.

Seems like the liner is very brittle, I use a nylon brush, which I believe is what is recommended. I only brushed twice and knew to keep it gentle and away from the edge but it seems like it did not help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.