Big day here. ground is level, intex 16x32 ultra is set up. water being pumped in- QUESTION

williscat2000

May 30, 2020
NJ
The side rails are bowing in very much it feels like its going to break. So- I used a rope to pull out/support the side rail slightly. I feel like if i undue this support that side will collapse. I have watched videos and everyone says this is normal but I am still concened that if I undo that one support..POOF, the whole thing will collapse...any thoughts? Once full, it appears it will be fine, but now I am waiting for 2 hours for next 2 more water trucks to arrive. We have 1 truck completed 4500 gallons.

thanks in advance and HAPPY POOLING

Newdude

Jun 16, 2019
NY
I've read several threads showing similar bowing and fear. Both of those are normal, especially the fear part. The diffrence is you aren't continuously filling, but 2 hours with a hose would barely amount to anything anyway so the sides would be bowed that long anyway. (IMHO) (YMMV)

Reactions: kimkats

williscat2000

May 30, 2020
NJ
OK- believe it or not, everything turned out great with the second water truck load. we're now at around 10K gallons. the bowing resolved itself and i feel so relieved. for other people having the same issue, you will be fine. I ended up undoing my support and sure enough no probs at all. Cheers all and thanks for the help!

Attachments

Andrew_D

May 8, 2020
Manitoba, Canada
I have a 16x32 also. Yes, that is normal. Yes, it is scary. I have to drain mine in winter up here. But I leave it set up with approx 4 inches in it, so that it doesn't blow around. So I made some wooden braces to keep the sides apart roughly 15 feet. I left them in place this spring when I filled the pool (with garden hose over 2 days). Worked great! After pool was filled, the sides bowed out ever so slightly and the braces lifted out.

Andrew