Big day here. ground is level, intex 16x32 ultra is set up. water being pumped in- QUESTION

williscat2000

May 30, 2020
NJ
The side rails are bowing in very much it feels like its going to break. So- I used a rope to pull out/support the side rail slightly. I feel like if i undue this support that side will collapse. I have watched videos and everyone says this is normal but I am still concened that if I undo that one support..POOF, the whole thing will collapse...any thoughts? Once full, it appears it will be fine, but now I am waiting for 2 hours for next 2 more water trucks to arrive. We have 1 truck completed 4500 gallons.

thanks in advance and HAPPY POOLING

Hi- thanks for getting back to me! Current air temperature in North Central New Jersey is 70 degrees, cloudy with a chance of thunderstorms later! See the photos below. hoping everyone is safe in FL!

Attachments

• IMG_0061.JPG
    IMG_0061.JPG
    742 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0062.JPG
    IMG_0062.JPG
    702.7 KB · Views: 34
I've read several threads showing similar bowing and fear. Both of those are normal, especially the fear part. The diffrence is you aren't continuously filling, but 2 hours with a hose would barely amount to anything anyway so the sides would be bowed that long anyway. (IMHO) (YMMV)

Reactions: kimkats
OK- believe it or not, everything turned out great with the second water truck load. we're now at around 10K gallons. the bowing resolved itself and i feel so relieved. for other people having the same issue, you will be fine. I ended up undoing my support and sure enough no probs at all. Cheers all and thanks for the help!

Attachments

• IMG_1587.jpg
    IMG_1587.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1588.jpg
    IMG_1588.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 23
I have a 16x32 also. Yes, that is normal. Yes, it is scary. I have to drain mine in winter up here. But I leave it set up with approx 4 inches in it, so that it doesn't blow around. So I made some wooden braces to keep the sides apart roughly 15 feet. I left them in place this spring when I filled the pool (with garden hose over 2 days). Worked great! After pool was filled, the sides bowed out ever so slightly and the braces lifted out.

Andrew

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.