Bestway Sandfilter with Polysphere Balls

danmed

Jun 15, 2022
United Kingdom
Hi All,

First post here so hopefully i do this right..

I have the Bestway Flowclear Sandfilter and i use polysphere calls.. It's all pretty easy to use and i've had no issues..

There is one thing that bugs me though.. when it comes time to change the balls out, the main cylinder is full of dirty water.. If i just put fresh balls in and turn it back on, all that waste water ends up flushing in to the pool.

There are a multitude of settings on the top i can use and i'm pretty sure i'm meant to do one of these before to clean this water out.. but i've no clue which one!

Does any one have any advice?

This is the pump i have : Flowclear Sand Filter Bestway Pump 800GALDefault Title

Most of the standar settings on MPV(multi port valve)are:
Closed
Filter
Backwash
Rinse
Bypass
Winter
Before you go doing anything else:
Its a Sand Filter, why use Polyspheres
Sand does not ever need to be change unless you use clarifiers or Floculants(which you shuldnt)
Since its a small filter, i would highly suggest you change to sand.
If not, my best guess is to open up the filter, wash it, remove the old shperes and then add the new ones.

The instructions literally say it's compatible with the polysphere balls... and i'm reusing them... but OK. This isn't really what i came here to ask... i jsut wanted some advice on how to use my pump to get rid of the dirty water before turning it back on.

Hey Dan !!! Suck out the crud water with a shop vac, wet/dry vac, whatevs you guys call them over there. :)

Or open the drain on the bottom of the filter to let out the gross water if the area around the filter is ok to get wet. Spray the area down after the fact or sweep the crud up once it dries.

If your MPV has a "rinse" setting, run that for 30 secs before switching back to "filter". This is exactly what that's for. You should also do this every time you backwash.

Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hey Dan !!! Suck out the crud water with a shop vac, wet/dry vac, whatevs you guys call them over there. :)

Or open the drain on the bottom of the filter to let out the gross water if the area around the filter is ok to get wet. Spray the area down after the fact or sweep the crud up once it dries.
Thank you.. If the other methods don't work for me then i'll see if i can get the budget for a wet vac past the wife :)

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.