Endro32

Jul 1, 2021
Rives Junction, MI
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
We are looking at making the switch to SWG at our pools, starting with our 60,000 gallon pool in Michigan. It's a brand new pool as of 2020, though I regret that I wasn't more involved as the pool company built it out with a Jandy single speed pump (that they didn't even hook up to the automation system they installed) and a ClearComfort AOP system for sanitization 🤦‍♂️

So here we are, looking at switching over to salt and trying to determine which system would work best for us. So far I've looked at putting in two or three CircuPool RJ-60 PLUS units or going with a Pentair COMSYS system. If the pool were smaller or residential, I'd pick the RJ-60 PLUS in a heartbeat. We only operate the pool during the summer season, but during that time we have about 40 kids in it for roughly four hours, four days a week. It's definitely a much higher bather load than a residential pool, so I'm having a hard time determining how much capacity we really need.

Does anyone have experience with larger pools and/or these systems and have any thoughts as to which way we should go? I'm also open to other manufacturers like Hayward, just haven't explored those myself yet as I'm more familiar with Pentair.

Our condo at the beach probably has a 80k pool and I was looking and noticed 2 returns blowing bubbles so assuming it has 2 SWG to 2 different returns.
If I ever see the guy I will ask him, they keep the water sparking :)

Thanks, I've read the post about using multiple cells, and understand that.

Our pool in Arizona uses about 4ppm of chlorine per day (I use that as a reference for our bather load. I run the CYA higher there to account for the extra sun). Assuming the Michigan pool will have roughly the same demand, two RJ60 PLUS units in parallel operation should theoretically be capable of providing about 12ppm of chlorine in 24hrs. That's much less expensive than the Pentair system, while still being plenty sufficient as far as I can tell.

Is that reasonable logic, or would more headroom on the SWG's capacity be a good idea?

We are looking at making the switch to SWG at our pools, starting with our 60,000 gallon pool in Michigan. It's a brand new pool as of 2020, though I regret that I wasn't more involved as the pool company built it out with a Jandy single speed pump (that they didn't even hook up to the automation system they installed) and a ClearComfort AOP system for sanitization 🤦‍♂️

So here we are, looking at switching over to salt and trying to determine which system would work best for us. So far I've looked at putting in two or three CircuPool RJ-60 PLUS units or going with a Pentair COMSYS system. If the pool were smaller or residential, I'd pick the RJ-60 PLUS in a heartbeat. We only operate the pool during the summer season, but during that time we have about 40 kids in it for roughly four hours, four days a week. It's definitely a much higher bather load than a residential pool, so I'm having a hard time determining how much capacity we really need.

Does anyone have experience with larger pools and/or these systems and have any thoughts as to which way we should go? I'm also open to other manufacturers like Hayward, just haven't explored those myself yet as I'm more familiar with Pentair.
I looked at the RJ-60 also. Looks like a great product but I just don't have the expertise as to how it could work with a pool of our size.
Thanks

Was taking to a realtor and she said “ they just made our neighborhood pool a salt water pool and everybody loves it”

I want to sneak in and see how they did our pool at our condo at the beach. I would guess it’s maybe 80K and I see a lot of bubble coming out maybe 3 of the 6 or 8 returns.

Is that reasonable logic, or would more headroom on the SWG's capacity be a good idea?

That will work.

You run one cell at 100% and then adjust the output of the other cell to dial in the amount of FC you need.

Note that some of us think Circupools chlorine output claims are overstated. And folks who have tested their output don't get the speced output. I would plan for the RJ60+ giving you 2lbs/day not 3.1.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.