Best Robot Going into 2019...

Jun 7, 2015
Norco, CA
What are the top Robots as we near the end of 2018? New pool should be completed early 2019 and I know I want a robot. Pool is 15' x 30' and 7' deep. I would want something that can get up on walls and onto the steps and the deep end bench if possible.

Thanks,
Matt

You really can't go wrong with any of the Maytronics 'bots, IMO. Most climb walls, while stairs can be a challenge for any robot. My Dolphin Discovery will do stairs as long as its still covered enough in water, but by the top two steps when the water intakes are more out then in it admits defeat and backs down again.

Maddie :flower:

What are the top Robots as we near the end of 2018? New pool should be completed early 2019 and I know I want a robot. Pool is 15' x 30' and 7' deep. I would want something that can get up on walls and onto the steps and the deep end bench if possible.

Thanks,
Matt

Steps/ledges/benches are too individualized for any general rule but they are not a strong suit for any type of automatic cleaner. The Maytronics robots are best categorized in two variations, (A) float handles and (B) water thrusters. The models are easily distinguishable by physical appearance. The water thruster models have an unobstructed top surface allowing for a pull-out basket filter, are generally lighter. The float handle models have a dual cartridge filter system. Both work well. Maytronics just announced new technology that will allow for better pool mapping (so they claim) but will not appear in commercial models until 2020. Expect it to be at the pricier end:

Robot Dolphin iO de la piscine | Eurospapoolnews.com

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.