Best Places to Buy Liquid Chlorine

I didn't go through all 46 pages to see if this was posted but in central NJ (Mercer County) Ace Hardware- $2.99- 1 gallon at 10%.

Last edited:
Hi all! First post. So thankful for all the great advice. I just stocked up at Menard’s here in central IL. They had an ample supply. It was $3.99/gallon for 12.5% but then they currently offer an 11% rebate. Definitely cheaper than the local pool supply place, which is about 15-20% higher on any product.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
MA/NH line. Went to walmart, they had dozens of pallets of Pool Essentials 10% for $3.74. Probably over 3000 bottles in total. Loaded up the cart and was told at the register only 2 bottles per person. Left them at the register and walked out. Went to HD they had same brand, 4 for 15.99. Paid a smidge more but no sales tax. Bought 24 bottles no problem.

Reactions: cledee
MA/NH line. Went to walmart, they had dozens of pallets of Pool Essentials 10% for $3.74. Probably over 3000 bottles in total. Loaded up the cart and was told at the register only 2 bottles per person. Left them at the register and walked out. Went to HD they had same brand, 4 for 15.99. Paid a smidge more but no sales tax. Bought 24 bottles no problem.
Yeah I don't see us running out of the LC in Massachusetts and New Hampshire. I buy in New Hampshire though, no need to pay the sales tax in Massachusetts.

Just checked my local Ace and the $2.99 sale ended
My store shows the sale through the end of May. I think I'm stock piling the stuff now while the price is good and they have stock. Based on chlorine degradation tables, even if I get a 3 month supply it shouldn't be too bad by the time I get around to using it. I keep it in a cool basement so that helps.

What specific product are you considering when you say "outdoor bleach"? I use liquid chlorine that is 12.5% sodium hypochlorite. That's about the strongest you will find. It should say on the bottle somewhere what the concentration is. Just be sure to put the appropriate concentration in the Pool Math calculator to get the correct amount to put in your pool.

Our WalMart has a Limit 2 Per Customer sign up too but it specifically says liquid chlorine Multipacks and powdered/granular shock. So I happily took the last 4 bottles of Pool Essentials on the shelf and went through self-checkout. Our local ACE also has it but it's not $2.99 anymore. Closer to $5 I think.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support