Best Places to Buy Liquid Chlorine

In Indiana, we haven't opened our pool yet, but after a discussion last weekend with someone from a pool company, I'm now concerned with upcoming chlorine shortages this year. Luckily, Rural King is already stocked with 10%. A 4-gallon box is $11.99 with date codes just a couple of weeks old. Stocking up early just in case...

Farm Store! <slaps forehead> of course.... I need to check locally and see what they offer. Just for investigative info of course...I only use liquid very occasionally since we have a SWG. :party:

Just looked at Fleet Farm's homepage. @Bradenwb make sure you print out the coupon for 12% discount. GREAT PRICE!!

Maddie :flower:

I just noticed that HEB Bravo bleach is 7.5% now. $3.99 not great, but always fresh. HD has been out at my store for 3 or 4 weeks.

yuh, AFAIK HomeDepot in central Texas finally stopped doing their >4xcase web deal(the web site 4xcase deal at 9-8.99 each case for 3 gallons 10%)(nice while it lasted) back to that bourgeois 3gallon/[email protected]$ for 10%[HDX]
(my local is out today, having to cruise down a few exits to the next HD with stock)

Lowes in SATX is 9.98 for 2gallon/case (always stale according to date code )or not in stock anyway[kemtek]

[costco has only ever been 6% used to do them before I realized the other boxes had 10%]
[walmart always seems to have different %s]
[I'll try to eyeball HEB, but I never go there]

Last edited:
There seems to be 2 threads on Liquid Chlorine.
Maybe it should be consolidated.

This is my post on that thread
I was in Home Depot today and strolled down the Pool Supply aisle. HD now offers a new liquid chlorine package. It is a box of 4 individual 1 gal jugs for $16 (before sales tax) - so $4 per gallon. It is still 10% so that is .313/oz per Pool Math on bleach price calculation. Also the date code was 2021 60 so just 2 weeks old. They had stacks of it (all inside). There was another person there buying about 4 cases (16 gals). I told him about TFP forum as well.

In my area this is same unit price (per Pool Math bleach cost calculation) for a 4 gallon case at Leslies ($20 for 12.5%) but Pinch A Penny is still slightly cheaper at $8 for a single 2.5gal jug at 10% is 0.246/oz
There was a sign posted over the pucks shelf that they were limiting the purchase of trichlor pucks to 2 bags however there was no limit on the liquid chlorine
Hope this helps those in Houston area.

Reactions: BonnerBB

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

I was in Home Depot today and strolled down the Pool Supply aisle. HD now offers a new liquid chlorine package. It is a box of 4 individual 1 gal jugs for $16 (before sales tax) - so $4 per gallon. It is still 10% so that is .313/oz per Pool Math on bleach price calculation. Also the date code was 2021 60 so just 2 weeks old. They had stacks of it (all inside). There was another person there buying about 4 cases (16 gals). I told him about TFP forum as well.

In my area this is same unit price (per Pool Math bleach cost calculation) for a 4 gallon case at Leslies ($20 for 12.5%) but Pinch A Penny is still slightly cheaper at $8 for a single 2.5gal jug at 10% is 0.246/oz
There was a sign posted over the pucks shelf that they were limiting the purchase of trichlor pucks to 2 bags however there was no limit on the liquid chlorine
I've always felt that the convenience of the disposable one gallon jugs in a case is worth spending a little bit extra for Leslie's. I tried the two and a half gallon jug from pinch a Penny and I was afraid I was going to mess up the carpet in my car taking them back to get refilled. Plus pinch a Penny's about 2 mi further from my neighborhood in Katy, Texas.

Reactions: HermanTX
Yep, looks like HD switched from HTX to Pool Essentials (same as Walmart sells). The price of bleach has risen! Picked up two 4 packs, 2021, day 57. Lowes also carries Pool Essentials (a few cents higher than HD).

Just curious...I've tried the liquid Chlorine here in Houston/Katy area like you and during the summer it just seems I can't maintain proper levels. So for the past few years I've used liquid during winter and spring and tablets rest of the year. I prefer to switch full time to liquid chlorine, so curious ...to maintain proper levels during the hot summers in Houston... is this pouring like a half gallon or a gallon every day to maintain levels? This seems like a hassle, costly and I'm sure would also damage a few items of clothing...LOL. Just curious how you routine looks like in the summer months. Thank You

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support